Hello! This afternoon I though I’d share a dinner recipe which takes a bunch of simple ingredients and transforms them into something nourishing.
Best shut up and tell you the recipe because many people hate the whole recipe preamble thing …
Pip’s delicious little soup
Makes four serves
1 can of butter beans or other white bean, rinsed and drained
400ml of tomato passata
4 carrots, sliced
2 potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices which you then cut in half
3 sticks of celery, diced rustically
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
3 stock cubes of your fave persuasion – chicken or vegetable
a handful of fresh herbs
salt and pepper
a slosh of olive oil
- Slosh your olive oil into a large, heavy-based pot and then pile in the onion and celery. Sauté until the onion begins to soften.
- Tumble in the garlic, carrots and potato. Sauté for a minute or so until it’s all looking coated with oil and nice.
- Add the beans, tomato passata, stock cubes and herbs. Add the salt and pepper and herbs now too.
- Pour in enough water to cover plus an extra inch. Simmer for an hour or so or until the carrots are soft. A lot of the soup will evaporate, so add more water to taste … maybe throw in another stock cube.
- Taste, season and then ladle into bowls for your dinner. Yum!
Optional bonus ideas for this soup … Add bacon, if you eat meat, during step one. Serve with parmesan, on top, if you fancy. Add chilli! Add a handful of dried pasta at step 4, if you like. You can, of course, use stock instead of stock cubes. I’d go for 2 litres and a cup of water if you need an exact amount.
I’ll be back here tomorrow with something very cute and educational. Stay tuned!! This is my job for now!
PS: I’m asking for a bit of help. Sob.
Other non-upsetting things to read or look at …
The Little Known, Much Loved Cookbook That Was Ahead of Its Time
Amazing and fun Instagram drawing classes for kids of all ages
Are humans born kind? Yes they are!