I’ve been busy-bee-ing it, doing quite a lot of things, but also making time for some reading and telly watching and crafting too. Here’s a little glimpse into life lately… and a little missive about turning 10!
From top (starting at the pastries)
1. Delicious treats at Something For Jess. Frankie invited me to co-host a Sydney crafternoon there a tiny while ago. It’s the cutest little cafe and we all smooshed in for an afternoon of Christmas decoration-making and pompom admiring. (We also did a Melbourne craft noon – at HomeWork Studios – which was rad. I’d never been there before and it’s just the best, right?!)
2. Pompom rainbows: While I was in Sydney, I got to visit my sister and her family. I had a sleep over and in the morning, we got up early and made cool things out of tiny pompoms. It was cute and colourful and involved lots of whispering so we did not wake up the whole house!
“Highlight of Sydney trip? Preschool nephew and niece excitedly asking me when I was going to get undressed. (And what kind of pjs did I have?) – accompanied by suggestions re good places to get undressed at their house: dad’s room, their room, ‘right here’ (gesturing around living room with outstretched arm) etc.”
3. Shopping in Randwick: We hit the supermarket so that we could make funny face cookies (see the latest Frankie Magazine) and a nice chicken salad for lunch. The chicken salad was : BBQ chicken, cos lettuce, avocado, fresh mint, toasted-then-crushed almonds, crunchy french beans, kewpie mayonnaise. The funny face biscuits were mostly icing and lollies. Pic shows me and Zoe wearing almost matching Saltwater Sandals (mine are rose gold and hers are gold) with matching toes, too (Rita Ora nail polish mentioned in a previous post!)
4. Aforementioned Frankie Funny Face Biscuits. See what I mean, re icing and lollies?!
5. Stickers: I packed a little pencil case for each of the kids as a gift. Inside were some personalised markers (so cool!), little notebooks, a PushPop, a chocolate in the shape of a playing card and 100s of stickers. We spent a lot of time playing with those together at the Sydney sleepover. Also we did a lot of drawing.
6. A little bit of the Crafternoon with Frankie at Something For Jess. Spot Sophie (Frankie editor) and Lane (Frankie marketing) if you can!
7. Festive treats from Williams-Sonoma… THANK YOU! We are having a bit of a hot chocolate and Peppermint Bark fiesta at our place… every single day! Lucky us!
8. The view outside. I moved my computer into the living room and have been working from the dining room table. It’s cooler in there and I love the view and I like being IN the living space and I hate being shut away in a work room, I realise. I am such a lunatic. Most people would LOVE their own room, but I just feel like a shut-in, in there.
9. Favourite craft project. A long time ago I posted a photo on my blog that looked a little bit like this granny square pattern. Sort of choppy and stained-glass window-ish. I have resolved to make a blanket that’s a bit like it, so this is the beginnings of that… I love it a lot. The colours pop so beautifully with the black and it looks lovely and imperfect, which is just my kind of thing.
10. My blog turned TEN! I forgot to tell you here, because so much has been going on, so I am telling you now!! I have been writing this very blog since December 3rd 2006. I’ve published 4855 blog posts during that time, so that is quite a lot! Thanks if you have ever read, commented on or shared my blog. I could not have done even half of the fun things I have without people like you supporting and reading. Thanks from the very bottom of my heart.
And that’s it – so far! I will check back in tomorrow for some more chatter though. I have a Gilmore Girls thing I want to show you… and some other things too!
Love to you!