Have you been wanting to do this? Now is the time to start making it happen!
Perhaps you have an existing blog on Blogger? And you want to add a custom domain?
Perhaps you want to set up a new Blogger blog (making the most of Blogger’s free hosting!) but you fancy a custom domain (like www.blogwithpip.com) instead of a Blogger web address (like blogwithpip.blogspot.com, for instance!) You can do that. It’s a bit fiddly, but you can ask for help from your domain name registrar to get the settings right or you can DIY, like I did in the video below.
1. Register your domain or log in to your domain name reseller/registrar account
2. Watch the video and play along!
3. If it doesn’t work, don’t freak out. Keep trying like I did!
4. Know that your blog will be sitting safely on its usual Blogspot address until you get it right
5. Know that if it hasn’t worked within a 3 hour time frame, something’s wrong with your settings
6. When I had the settings correctly inputted, it worked within 3 minutes!
7. Try all the different options Blogger/Google suggests, one of them is bound to work!
8. Sorry Blogger/Google did not make this easier for us!
9. The process will be different for each hosting company – persevere, have a poke around and work it out!
Let me show you how or you can check out Google/Blogger’s own How-To Guide here or look at another way I did this in the screenshots down below.
Password for this video is: wiggle
NB: In the video I said I’d show you how I got it right in the post below, but I actually added it into the end of the video to make things neater. Sorry for the confusion!
Here’s an example of how I did this with DreamHost too. Excuse the ugly screenshots, if you please!