I love Gilmore Girls. I love it so much that I throw things at the TV when Logan appears. I love it so much that I want to make Hep Alien tour merchandise. I love it so much that I sing songs of gemstones.
There’s heaps of Gilmore Girls Netflix reboot news flooding the online world at the moment, so I thought I’d take a little bit of time to catch everyone up on what the hap is. Of course, if you love the show as much as I do, you will most likely know this stuff already. Go you!
(If you’ve not watched the champions of ‘life’s short, talk fast’ – you can catch Gilmore Girls on US Netflix or via your local DVD store!)
1. Melissa McCarthy will be back to reboot her Sookie St James role. Hoo-freaking-rah! When we interviewed Melissa and Ben for the ABC a couple of weeks ago, we were encouraged to stick to talking about their current film, The Boss. It nearly killed me not to ask about her GG character Sookie’s possible return, but it seemed the answer would have been ‘NO’ then, but it is ‘YES! YAY!’ now. She revealed all on Ellen yesterday.
2. They’ve released some sneaky peeks from the set. You can see those here. They feature Rory (working her new job), Lorelai and Luke (being adorable), Emily (tackling life without Richard and looking VERY youthful) and even Babette + Miss Patty (being their usual theatrical selves!)
3. You can buy candles to make your house smell like Stars Hollow. It’s true! Etsy seller Pick Me Cups now have a range of Gilmore Candles ripe for the sniffing! You can choose from ‘I smell snow!’, ‘Coffee at Luke’s Diner’, ‘Team Jess’ and ‘Sookie Snacks’, to name but a few. They also have Gilmore Girls themed mugs. I like this one (because who doesn’t love a Venn diagram?!) And I also vote for a ‘Super Cool Adieu!’ mug, if they are stuck for future ideas.
4. Mae Whitman will guest star! I LOVE MAE! Lauren Graham pretend-parenting worlds COLLIDE!
5. Slightly related: Melissa McCarthy Lip Sync Battling Jimmy Fallon = THE BEST! Sorry to keep going on about it, but it really is hilarious and committed.
6. In another cool cross-promo-from-defunct-but-fab-shows-twist Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino’s cohort, Sutton Foster (she played the lead in the AS-P penned Bunheads) will also guest star, kicking up her heels at Miss Patty’s Dance Studio.
7. Paul Anka is back. I repeat, PAUL ANKA IS BACK! Wuf!
8. Luke’s daughter, April Nardini, is set to return too.
I’m so busting to see these new movie-length version of my fave show. Netflix hasn’t spilled the beans on the release date/s yet, but I am hoping it will be late this year. FINGERS, TOES, EYES –> CROSSED!
Listen: That Time I Met Sookie St James
Gilmorealong : Season One Pilot
Gilmorealong : Season 1 Episode 02
Gilmorealong: Season One | Episode 03
Gilmorealong: Season One: Episode Four
YA Author John Green is Instagramming from a refugee camp in Jordan
This Is Why I Don’t Like Emus
Join The Creative Kindness Revolution!
Make: The Oblong Story Granny Rectangle Blanket From Craft For The Soul
Got Something To Say?
Want to comment on this post? Got something to say on this subject? Ace!
You can head to my Facebook for further discussion!
(Or send me an email!)
Or you can also comment below.