Did you know that I work full-time as a blogger? I do. I work on Meet Me At Mike’s and I work on JustB
(as editor) too. It’s an all consuming but GREAT job. I get to do amazing stuff and work from home and do things things I like a lot of the time. Pretty ace.
Not only do I work from home. I have a whole arsenal of technology which helps me to blog away from home easily too. Here’s what I use (at home and on the road!) These are the things that make blogging easy and portable for me.
1. iMac : I have an iMac with a 22″ monitor at home. It’s beautiful and I love it. I used a PC since PCs were invented, but this year I switched over to Mac. It was a great decision for me. Mac is perfect for the kind of image based stuff that I need to do. I love my iMac. I bought mine from JB Hifi.
2. MacbookAir: I have an 11″ (small, skinny!) MacbookAir which fits super neatly in my satchel. When I bought it (thank you book royalties!) I measured it to make sure it would be toteable in my fave bag. It is. Yay! I use this all the time, too. On the couch, on the road or in bed, my MacBookAir is there. Yeah. I bought mine from JB Hifi.
3. Testra 3G Mobile Wi-Fi Modem: I bought this for when we are out and about, so that I don’t have to be tied to the house or rely on other people’s wireless networks. It works well, holds its charge for around 3 hours and gets good coverage. After 3 hours I charge it up (in the car or wherever via USB.) It’s prepaid, so I just pay as I go and it seems to last for ages, data wise! I bought mine from JB Hifi.
4. iPhone 4S: I was given an older model iPhone by my friend Angela. I used it until the volume button fell off and the camera quality started to fade a little. I bought a new iPhone in March and I have not looked back. The camera is SO GOOD and I love it to pieces. I use it to PIN things and TWEET things and FACEBOOK things. And I use lots of different apps and Instagram too. And if I forget my modem when I’m out, I can create a personal hotspot with my phone and link my Macbook to it to use the internet. I bought mine from Kogan.
5. Olympus SP-550UZ Digital Camera: I am not the world’s best photographer, let’s face it. But I do try hard and the camera I bought 5 years ago is the camera I am using today, still. I do fancy a new camera soon. Maybe a sponsor will take pity on me and send me one?! (I am guessing not!) I bought mine from Officworks.
6. iPad: I do have a first generation iPad. I don’t use it much. I really love having a keyboard and the MacbookAir does most of the things an iPad would, perhaps not with the same display quality, but still super awesomely. I bought mine from JB Hifi.
7. SonyVaio Notebook: Okay. I don’t use this for blogging. BUT I do use it to watch stuff on in bed, while I work on the MacBookAir! Sony gave me a pink Vaio because I worked on a project with them recently. It’s coming in super handy, because the MacBook doesn’t have a CD drive. The Vaio is my entertainment computer!
8. External Hard Drive: I need this. I store lots of photos and presentations on it. And I can tote it wherever I need to go. Interstate. Around the world. (That last sentence was a joke. I have not been ’round the world. But once I went to Bali!) I bought mine from Officeworks.
Juice Pack: You can charge this up and it’ll give your iPhone twice the lifespan, battery wise. This is a good thing for me! I keep the juice pack on charge and use it for days out or emergencies. Mine is yellow! I bought it online at Mophie.
Tomorrow I’ll tell you about the apps and software and other productivity things I use. And maybe you can tell me what YOU use for blogging too?!
What kind of computer to you have?
What kind of camera do you have?
Do you use an iPhone?
Or do you have an iPad?
Are you an Android type?!
What kind of storage do you use for your photos/files?
Do you drain your phone battery all the time?!
Get geeky with me!