How has your week been, peaches? Mine has been intense! If you’re in need of some good and ineresting things to help balance the tough stuff out, I have ideas!
Here’s this week’s instalment of Feeling A Bit Sh*t? (or FABS? to its friends) …
1. An ant is crawling on my monitor and it seems really happy with the whole situation.
2. This whole Twitter thread:
I’ve just had possibly the most extraordinary meeting of my life. A year ago, I posted this story about how my grandparents met – a New Zealand officer who married a Lebanese woman in Egypt at the end of WW2 pic.twitter.com/oiLHAB3lHf
— James Longman (@JamesAALongman) October 29, 2018
3. This whole Twitter thread (below)
I want to tell you about a remarkable woman that you almost certainly haven't heard of.
Her name is Florence Ilott and, in 1934, she became the first person to run across Westminster Bridge within the twelve chimes of Big Ben at noon. pic.twitter.com/16rbYSZtCD
— Scott Pack (@meandmybigmouth) November 2, 2018
4. There is one pleater left in Melbourne and people are trying to keep it that way, which is amazing. Lots of them are chipping in and buying an amazing pleated scarf to help preserve this lost art.
5. You can see inside the home illustrator and author Oliver Jeffers shares with his cute family over at the always brilliant The Selby (below).
6. A bookshop’s rent got hiked up and they were forced to move. So the townsfolk formed a human chain to transport the 1000s of books that needed to be shifted to new premises down the road. So helpful! See that here.
7. “Pointe shoes in brown and bronze shades are being made in the UK for the first time,” the BBC reports. “Ballet Black, whose dancers are all of black and Asian descent have worked alongside shoe manufacturer Freed to create the new shoes.” Brilliant.
The Central Park Pond's newly-arrived male Mandarin Duck (we still do not know how it got here) unseated the Wood Duck as prettiest duck in the park. Gus Keri brings us close-up video pic.twitter.com/cauqVt4kSK
— Manhattan Bird Alert (@BirdCentralPark) October 11, 2018
8. There’s a sort of wild duck beauty pageant going on in New York’s Central Park right now. Such pretty boys! I love them all.
9. I thought these colourful tattoos were pretty amazing. I don’t have a tattoo yet though, in case you were wondering.
View this post on Instagram
??? Guess when this was? Recently I went over again my 5 hard disks and I discovered this clips which I didn’t release! I feel like it was better than now??? Summer, 2016 . ?? ???? ????? ???? 5?? ? ????? ?? ? ? ??? ????? 2? ? 2016? ??, ???? ????? ?? ?????? . . #longboard #longboarddancing #ootd #hobby #sport #skategirl #??? #????? #??? #??? #?? #hyojooko #hyo_joo
10. This amazing skating girl is incredible. I did not know longboard dancing was a thing, but now I do.
11. I loved reading this interview with Jodie Comer of Killing Eve fame. She sounds nice and how cool that she lives at home. I like it.
12. If you ever feel a bit flat, do what I do and watch Chrissy Teigen’s toddler living her best life in a pink car. She’s just SO pleased. Also? This is pretty much how I dance.
10. I loved listening to this interesting podcast about the supposed ‘Glory Days’ of Australia – with Richard Fidler and author/broadcaster Richard Glover. I think you’ll love it too.
That’s it for this week’s FABS? !
Hope your weekend is going along a-okay!
See you back here real soon!