Vinaigrette (this is SUPER easy and REALLY delish!)
one third of a cup red or white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
two thirds of a cup olive oil
1. In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, salt, pepper, and mustard.
2. Whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream; set aside.
250g green beans, trimmed
6 small potatoes such as yellow creamers
½ shallot, finely chopped
1 tub of cherry tomatoes
1 cos lettuce
1 tin of tuna in olive oil, drained
½ cup olives
a few anchovy fillets, drained
1/2 cup mixed herbs, such as tarragon, oregano, basil, or parsley1.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the eggs and cook for 10 minutes. Cool, peel and slice.2. Salt the water. Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Lift out with tongs and rinse with very cold water.
3. Return the water to a boil. Add the potatoes. Cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a small knife. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
4. As soon as the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and slice thickly. Add? cup of the vinaigrette and the shallot. With a rubber spatula, gently toss the warm potatoes with the dressing; set aside to cool.
5. In another bowl, toss the beans with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette to coat them.
6. In a third bowl, toss the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette to coat them.
7. On a large platter, arrange the lettuce. Add the potatoes, beans, and tomatoes. Top with tuna, olives, and anchovies. Spoon some of the remaining dressing over the salad and sprinkle with the herbs. Peel the eggs, pat them dry, and halve them. Garnish the platter with the eggs. ?