Here’s a little task for you to do over the next couple of days.
- Head to your current social networking platforms.
- Look for your most recently acquired followers.
- Pick the FIVE most recent (avoiding anything that’s obviously spammy) followers.
- Go and visit those followers pages/profiles – find out a little bit more about who they are and what they’re into.
- Consider following them back.
- Consider sharing some of the things they’ve posted.
- Consider digging a bit deeper – visiting their websites/blogs (if they have one)
- Get to know them – and consider WHY they are following you – what they might LIKE about you
- If there’s not much on offer there – look to the next five. Keep looking until you find FIVE people you can relate to and admire.
- Add those five to your list of pages/people to monitor and promote.
- When you’re getting a bit stale, do this exercise again!
Let us know how you go with this – if you discover anyone/anything interesting – how it made you view your own work/profile.