Wowee! I made it to Bali! It takes quite a while from Fitzroy, but we got here safe and sound and it’s super beautiful! I’m having the best time. I have never been to Ubud and it’s super lovely, right? Lush and green, lovely people, delicious food and toasty days. I feel so lucky to be here!
I don’t really travel much, but it’s something I want to do more of, so this journey without the kids or Cam is a great place to start right? It’s actually my first overseas trip without the kids… and my second overseas trip EVER! I know, right?! I’m such a homebody, but perhaps travelling might be something I love? I’ll let you know when I get back!
We got here yesterday. Here’s some deets about where we’ve been and what it was like.
1. We went to Mr Potato Head as soon as we arrived. It’s very denim cut-offs and bikini tops, right? The drinks and food and view were super gorgeous though!
2. We then drove to Ubud with our driver. It took a long time because there was heaps of traffic, but it was so great to see Bali life as the darkness descended and the day turned to night. Kites! So many scooter families!
3. We popped into Alchemy for take away salad and juice. That place is ace!
4. I arrived at Ubud Green. It’s super-beautiful! I want to come back! Lovely villas and amazingly green view over the rice paddies and the ducks.
5. I had breakfast in the room and then walked down to Seniman Coffee for a pow wow and some (really beautiful) coffees.
7. We walked up all of the stairs to Yellow Flower Cafe and had an amazingly great lunch. Bali-style tapas and juice and chai. I really loved it!
8. Then we walked back through the villas to Bintang to pick up our shopping and headed back to the villa.
9. I bought the cutest water-colour set ever! I will Instagram it tomorrow, if I remember!
10. We saw the parade of ducks at 5.30 – through the rice paddies in a quacky line and home again. I will try to video it tomorrow! It’s really cute for kids to watch, I reckon.
Ubud is so gorgeous. Last time we came to Bali AGES AGO we stayed in Legian and it’s so different here! I like it so much. I would love to come back again and again! (I’m actually coming back in November for the 2nd BHB Creative Retreat – you can come too if you apply super quickly! AND that gives you heaps of time to save up, too!)
Have you been here before? Is travelling your thing? Or are you a trying-to-reform homebody like me?