Wow. I had the nicest weekend. It was busy and then quiet. I am looking forward to having a quiet and quiet weekend soon, but that’s a whole other level to aim for. Here’s a little round-up of good stuff for you!
Here’s some things I loved doing:
1. We did the Frankie + Friends Garage Sale on Saturday. It was a fun and exhausting day. Luckily we were under a big tree, but I still got a little too much sun. You know that kind of too much sun that hits you a couple of hours after you get home? That kind. Heaps of nice people came to visit us and there were so many cute dogs lolling about. I had no idea dogs loved garage sales so much, but they actually do. Theme of the day? Pats and chats!
2. We went to the Camberwell Market on Sunday. I love going to the market. I always find a little treat that I can’t leave without. I KIND of wish someone would set up a super delicious food truck there – it’s all pretty donut/chip/sausage oriented and I usually just get really hungry and hope it’s the day that the falafel people show up. Sigh.
Anyhow, food aside I bought 12 cherry tomato plants – 6 of the patio variety and 6 of the sweet bite type. I honestly want a complete GLUT of cherry tomatoes this year. I am going to buy even more plants. I am going to be the Queen Of Cherry Tomatoes. I like cherry tomatoes the most because you don’t have to wait too long for them to ripen and they are rarely floury. Mostly they are sweet and delicious.
3. I hugged a sweet baby. His name is Delroy and he’s four weeks old now. He is Gemma and Daryl’s little tyke and I am loving getting to know him. It’s so nice to have a baby in your life, right? (Especially if you are not the one who has to get up in the night to feed them!)
4. I re-watched Making It Handmade. Have you seen this film? It’s a documentary (mostly) about the Melbourne craft scene. It was made a few years ago – before Instagram existed – and it surprised me how different things were then. I mean, we probably still feel exactly the same way about craft, but the landscape has changed. Everything is so slick and packaged and branded now. I am all about the DAYS OF OLD. I am living in the past! You can buy the film here, if you want to step back to simpler crafty times.
5. I got the sewing machine out and made things! Whilst watching The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I love that movie. I have never been to India and I really want to go. TBEMH is a really ace movie to sew to, I think. I’ve seen it a few times and I never get tired of it. Probably it simplifies cultural issues down to something pretty cliched, but the cast are wonderful and the locations make you want to hop on a plane right this very minute.
(ALSO – if you haven’t caught The Affair yet you might like to take a peek – it stars Dominic West and Ruth Wilson. Season 2 has just started. SO good!)
6. We had a delicious lunch yesterday at home – homemade burgers, cold chicken wings, brown sugar baked potatoes and roasted cauliflower. Yum. (Then we had Movida chicken rice for dinner. It was a good food day!)
Here’s some things I loved reading about:
1. These flatbread look amazing – a bit like the Moroccan version of roti?
2. These must have taken a very long time to make! They are by Jessica Dance.
3. I want to go to The Peony Picnic! What a genius idea!
5. Patti Smith is writing a book for young women!
We’ve run out of coffee.
It’s just started raining.
I really need to get dressed.
I’m going to Bali for a holiday in ONE week!
See ya later!! Have the best day!
(Also – thank you so much for reading my blog!)