Perhaps you, like me, have a copy of The Artist’s Way?
I was watching Russell Brand’s channel this morning and happened upon an interview he did with that book’s author, Julia Cameron. She was talking about her famous ‘Morning Pages’ but also mentioned another exercise in the book – 25 Things I Love. It’s like a supercharged version of the Three Good Things I love doing … and I think it’s a brilliant way to start the day. So here I go!
25 Things I Love
- Making blankets.
- The way that empty bowls and cups sometimes magically move across freshly-wiped tables in Chinese restaurants.
- A beautiful view.
- Hot, sweet tea.
- Snuggling with my dog.
- The way writing helps me be a better listener.
- Fuzzy new socks in winter.
- The smell of tomato plants.
- The relief of a hot bath when I’m a bit achey.
- Being warm under the blankets in a very cold room.
- My kids.
- The comfort of delicious food.
- Watching things grow.
- Seeing strangers talking and smiling.
- Old-fashioned, very fragrant roses.
- Touch-typing and tech-y gadgets.
- Birds, bees, creatures, trees.
- Having a body that does lots of stuff.
- Pink clouds and starry nights far from the city.
- Heartfelt playlists.
- Watching good shows.
What would your 25 things be, I wonder?