Hello! I did not check in yesterday because I had to finish off my work for uni. But I am here today with something less long-winded than last week’s posts … and also something more chatty.
So let’s do that!! Maybe you want to do this too? You could write down your 25 things in a notebook or you could post them on social media or somewhere like that, if you prefer.
- Did a few poetry lessons (via a free poetry course at Future Learn, not on my Curtin uni course). They sometimes have great free courses … I completed another one last month called How To Read a Novel and it was AMAZING. There is a free Jane Austen course at the moment that you might like?
- Planted some cosmos that I grew from seed into the garden.
- Hacked satisfyingly at some non-cute weeds with the side of a trowel.
- Watered the garden and picked tomatoes and talked to a bird (a Currawong).
- Tried to dig up some lawn to create a new garden bed (unsuccessfully … not very strong. Will keep trying for 5 minutes at a time. Or maybe 2. Until I do it.)
- Drank two coffees.
- Drank two teas.
- Watched Miranda Hart (who is also reading poems) on Instagram. She read a quote from Dave Hollis (I don’t know who he is, but I liked the quote and hopefully he isn’t someone horrible) who said:“In the rush to return to normal, use this time to consider which parts of normal are worth rushing back to.”She also talked about the parallels between COVID-19 isolation and chronic illness which I know lots of my blog readers contend with, so that might be something you’d like to watch.
- Tried to think of things to eat.
- Watched some podcasting lessons. I might start a podcast but I am not quite sure.
- Gave self a telling-off about wishing I could go out to Bunnings.
- Thought about the novel I am writing and an idea for another book.
- Looked at these amazing UGG FLUFFs. How great are they?!
- Listened to some records.
- Planted heaps of seeds in jiffy pots and old seedling trays – carrots, rocket, spinach, gem lettuces, nigella, snapdragon, Chinese broccoli, alyssum.
- Eventually ate some brie and cherry tomatoes on toast. Drank a glass of tomato juice. I am so tomatoey. I have no appetite at the moment, though.
- Thought about cleaning the bathroom. Did not do it.
- Thought about cleaning the ensuite. Did not do it.
- Sat on the couch and looked out the window.
- Started knitting a Super Easy Crib Blanket. So nice to knit for once!
- Worked on a square for the Easy Peasy Blanket.
- Ate 3 lolly snakes.
- Watched the re-run of Survivor All Stars.
- Recorded a Marco Polo for my mum.
- Wishing everyone who is able could buy a book or two from an independent bookshop or other small business who has needed to close.
What are your 25 things?